Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Brake Failure

Last night, while driving Christie's super awesome 1990 Buick Century Wagon, a brake line blew open. I was leaving BW3 in roseville at the time, and the pedal just dropped to the floor. Luckily, it was only a hole in the line, not the entire line dangling loose, so if I put the pedal all the way down and mashed it real hard, the car still stopped... Sort of. I cruised real slow like over to her parents house in roseville, and left it there to go and take in tonight. Fortunately for me, this is not the first (or second even) time I have driven with little to no brakes on a car, so I was fairly comfortable. Or at least as comfortable as you can be hurtling down the road in an unstoppable 3000 pound station wagon.

Wish me luck tonight, I am driving it in to the shop to see how bad its going to be to fix.

No comments: