Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Buy Wind Power!


Did you know Xcel Energy sells wind power?  This month it cost me $5 to have all of my electricity usage purchased from wind farms.  $5.  Considering how much people might spend on solar power systems and the like (thousands of dollars), this is a pretty good value in my book.  

Xcel charges you an increased fee per kilowatt-hour which worked out to $23 for me this month, but then you get back the fuel surcharge (because you are not using any fuel), which was $18 this month.  If you are considering switching to wind power, keep in mind that the up-front cost that is listed is different from the net increase of your bill because of this fuel cost refund.  

Follow this link to find out how to sign yourself up:

2 comments:

Erin said...

completely unrelated to your post, but you might like this food blog:
http://101cookbooks.com/
it's all vegetarian.

PersimonDreams said...

Hi there!

I hope you don't mind, but I'm tagging you to list 7 facts about yourself. I think it's a good way to get to know each other =).

The rules and such are on my blog.